Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Drybar: My kinda place



Alli Webb once spent her days driving around Los Angeles to her clients' homes who needed her for her signature service: a blowout.

Today, she's at the helm of a $20 million operation known as Drybar. An idea born from the seat of her Nissan Xterra, Drybar brings blowouts at an affordable price point (only $35) to the masses.

With the mantra: "No cuts. No color. Just Blowouts." the bar focuses exclusively on styling your hair. Which makes it perfect for a night out, a date, or any special occasion where you'd like your hair to look marvelous.

At Drybar, the "bar" concept is personified, coming alive in each Drybar product and each aspect of the Drybar  experience. Clients can enjoy complimentary cocktails while sitting at the beautiful bar, while watching classic movies, and munching on snacks and sweet treats.

You can even get a floater (massage) with your speciality cocktail-inspired blowout.
Drybar Buckhead, next to Flywheel. Image courtesy of talkingwithtami.com

Care for  a Mai Tai, Manhattan, Cosmo, Straight Up, or Hot Toddy anyone? These are the different styles you can order at the bar. You can sign me up for a Southern Comfort. I love big hair.

Appointments are hard to come by, so book a week or more in advance via the Drybar mobile app or online. Of course, you can call, too.

In March, the Drybar product line launched and it is fabulous. The Drybar brush is wonderful and a personal favorite is the "Southern Belle" volumizing mousse. The buttercup blowdryer will be my next purchase. Moroccan Oil Products are also used.


So next time you have a date, or just want to be taken care of, consider Drybar.

Treat yourself, have a mimosa and get blown away.

Cheers darlings,

B



2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey Brooke! I went to Drybar for the first time a couple of days ago and I loved it! (I got the Cosmo-Tai.) I live in Buckhead too, and I'm surprised I haven't discovered it until now!

I love your blog, BTW, I think it's adorable. From the looks of it, I still have a lot of Buckhead exploring to do. :)

Caroline in the City

Brooke said...

@Caroline

I'm SO thrilled to know you loved it too!! It's sort of tucked away over there by the St. Regis, so it's totally easy to miss.

I discovered it why eating at STG one night and I discovered Flywheel that way, too.

And thank you so much!! I'm new to the blogging thing, learning as I go. Your blog is AWESOME! And I was so happy to see a fellow Buckhead lady on Glipho!!

:)