Monday, March 25, 2013

One Stop Beauty Shop: Woo Cosmetics, Buckhead

Hate dodging the wafts of perfume and the excited sales associates shoving blush brushes at your face in cosmetics departments? Yeah, me too.

There's a time and a place for all of that, but there's also a time when it's nice to just peruse beauty products without the pressure of buying and without the irritation that comes with big brand department stores. 

Woo Skincare and Cosmetics provides just that sort of luxury. 

Woo Skincare and Cosmetics

Tucked away in the Peachtree Battle Shopping Center off of Peachtree Road, Woo Skincare and Cosmetics provides top beauty products in a wonderful package: a no pressure environment with friendly associates who know and use the products and won't bother you until you need them.

Seriously, never have I walked in there without being greeted with "Let me know if I can help you, would you like a water or a cocktail or something while you enjoy looking?"

They are that kind and relaxed. What more could you ask for?

There's actually more, though. With visits from the big names themselves, (hello, Trish McEvoy!) and a full spa in the back of the boutique, Woo is a beauty powerhouse in a very laid-back, accessible environment.

Here are some of my favorite things to purchase at Woo:

Pla Beauty Lipglosses
Pla Beauty is an AMAZING line of beauty products created by an Atlantan lady who was inspired by her daughters (one of her daughters passed) and pledges proceeds to Children's Heathcare of Atlanta in her daughter's memory. What a beautiful gesture. I'm a huge fan of Pla Beauty, love supporting the brand and it's ONLY available at Woo to the best of my knowledge.

Trish McEvoy Beauty Balm
 Trish McEvoy has been a long-loved beauty line in my life. First of all, Trish is famous for her beauty organizer concept which is FABULOUS. More on that later. What means the most to me about Trish products is that Trish developed her product line with there dermatologist-husband so I trust the McEvoy line very much. It certainly is worth the money; her foundations and moisturizers (Beauty Boost is a life-changer) are the best things I've ever used for my skin.

Kai candle
 I was first turned onto Kai candles when the infamous store Blue Genes was alive and well at the Shops Around Lenox. They smell so fantastic and Woo is the only place that I know of that sells them. Kai also makes lotions I think and probably a few other items. You can't go wrong.
Dermalogica Products
 Admittedly, I've only used one of the Dermalogica products before, the Ultra Calming Serum. With travel and seasonal changes (when will it ever just stay warm?) my skin has just become so confused. Distressed, I went to Woo and the associate calmed be down and introduced me to Dermalogica because she used the same product to cure an allergy to a concealer. This stuff has WORKED. My skin is so much better, more moisturized and calm. Dermalogica products do what the associate promised, because she new from experienced. I credit her knowledge and expertise for helping me out.
Moroccan Oil Product Line
 Moroccan Oil is a god-send to the hair care world. The treatment oil seals the hair follicle, protecting your hair's luster and creating shine. The treatment oily can be applied as a mask (I do this while studying). The shampoo and conditioner is amazing as well as the masks. Woo even has the travel kits that will get you through airport security and will keep your tresses looking fabulous while jet-setting.

Trish McEvoy Beauty Organizer
I had mentioned that Trish McEvoy is famous for her organizer and rightfully so. Trish has created a system for organizing makeup that makes application (and packing) so effortless that I just can't contain my excitement about it.

Each makeup step: Foundation, Powder, Blush, Bronzer, Eye Base, Eye Concealer, Eye Shadow, etc magnetizes into a "beauty organizer page" and voila! you can flip thru your makeup like a book. It's so genius. There are smaller organizers available (highly recommend) that you can stash into your work tote or gym bag or what have you.

Woo has specials on the organizers, like the beauty planner that's available now in pink. You get about $400 worth of product for $150. They are SO cute, too. Love it.

If the broad range of product lines (Caudale skincare, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, YSL, Fresh, St. Tropez, Chantecaille and Giorgio Armani) aren't enticing enough, just think of the idea that a darling little beauty boutique offers the finest beauty can offer, right in your neighborhood.

No pushy sales to be made. No frustrating mall parking issues. 

Just beauty loveliness, all for you to enjoy.

Locations in Atlanta and Nashville, keeping it southern. <3

Thanks Woo!

B

0 comments: