Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tie it Up: Spring's Tie Blouse Trend

Is it just me or have y'all noticed the abundance of tie-front blouses on the racks lately? They seem to be everywhere these days and, you know what?  I kinda like it.

I'm an old soul at heart and that part of me absolutely LOVES the 50's-inspired look that the tie-front blouse provides.

 I mean, who doesn't want to channel their inner Marilyn or Audrey and tie their favorite gingham for that classy, yet unabashedly southern look?

Southern belles for years have tied up a denim (today, it would be chambray) shirt and thrown on a pair of Daisy Dukes or their favorite cropped jeans and they look just darling.
Tie it Up: Spring's Tie Blouse Trend

Tie it Up: Spring's Tie Blouse Trend by aslongasitssouthern featuring joie


So why don't y'all try it out with me? I'm not suggesting a Britney look a la "Oh Baby, Baby" (time and place, ladies) but I think it's a fun and fresh look that ties classiness and youth together (see what I did there?)

 Here are a few I've found in store and online. :)

Cheers, darlings, in hopes that Spring will start playing for keeps about bringing on that sunshine.

Equipment top
shopbop.com


Joie
$335 - harveynichols.com


Theory blouse
bergdorfgoodman.com


Olive oak
$53 - bloomingdales.com


Catherine malandrino
shopbop.com






0 comments: