Thursday, April 4, 2013

My Beauty Hot List Right Now: Top 10


I don't know about you ladies, but it's always kind of a big deal when a beauty product is worth buying again. Let's put it this way, if I think about how sad I'd be if the beauty devil cancelled production on one of my products and I realize I'd cry or need therapy then I know it's a keeper.

Here are some products that have been there for me lately. They are really something to talk about.

My Beauty Hot List Right Now





(From Left to Right, Top Row then Bottom):

1. Benefit "They're Real!" Mascara:
     Um, this mascara formula REALLY (like really) makes my lashes look like I have fake lashes on. I absolutely love the wand on the mascara, too. It helps get in there and separate those bad boys to make your eyes look oh so pretty.

I got a sample of this for my birthday from Sephora. Best sample ever.

2. YSL Touche Eclat Concealer:
     There's no mistaking the gold color of the container - it's expensive. But I have to tell you, it's worth every penny. This stuff hides it ALL! I love love love it. I just bit the bullet and bought it a while ago and this thing has lasted at least 5 months. It's the most perfect concealer/highlighter/magical potion known to me.

3. Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Anti-Fatigue Cream:
     My SA at Woo Cosmetics introduced me to this product a week ago and I have been just amazed with what it can do - and how well it does it. It's a moisturizer, hydrating facial mask and makeup primer all in one, depending on how you use it.

     Daily, I apply this (dime-sized) amount as a primer prior to application of foundation. It really helps foundation in place and allows your skin to radiate and stay moisturized. For nights when your skin is fatigued from makeup wear, or allergies, or perhaps a weekend spent in the sun, apply a concentrated amount as a mask for 15 minutes, or apply a more liberal amount as a moisturizer to wear overnight. Your pick. It's amazing and I've honestly noticed a difference in a skin within the week I've been using this product.

4. Simple Makeup Cleansing Wipes:
     I love that these wipes are cheap, unscented and safe to use on sensitive skin. I also love that you can get them at Publix or Kroger. These are fabulous little things that help clean your makeup without having to use a hand cloth to get all of it off. Much more gentle.

5. Shiseido Eyelash Curler:
     This eyelash curler does wonders. I use it everyday before I apply mascara. I love it.

6. Dermalogica Ultra Calming Concentrate:
     My SA at Woo Cosmetics also introduced me to this product and it's a powerhouse of a serum. A little goes a long way, it truly calms skin and restores brightness. I have had the driest skin recently and this stuff has completely reversed the damage.

     I like to apply it in a very concentrated manner around the eyes. It is my favorite thing to use to moisturize and restore the delicate skin around the eye. This product has helped my skin so much, and it's made by dermatologists, assuring you that it's friendly to sensitive skin.

7. Ardell Eyelashes:
     I love that eyelashes can instantly make your look glamorous. These are just the ticket for feeling a bit more fierce before you head out for a date, or a cocktail soiree, or whatever it may be.

     Duo eyelash glue works great with these lashes, just a little bit goes a long way. I like to steady the strip of lashes with a tweezer and voila! These lashes blend in effortlessly with your actual lashes, and guarantee a pep in your step when you go out. I love them.

8. Bond No. 5 New York "Scent of Peace" Bon Bon:
     Bond fragrances are ubiquitous with the chic, crisp feeling of New York. Their fragrances are very fine, very beautifully created and smell absolutely amazing. A bit pricey, ($200-300/bottle) Bond fragrances are the creme de la creme of the fragrance world.

     The bon bons are more reasonable ($95ish), and fit in your bag. Perfect for any occasion. Scent of Peace smells divine.

9. Trish McEvoy Bronzer:
     This product requires little explanation. It's just the best bronzer I've ever used. Guerlain is a closed second in my book. I just love Trish products.

10. MAC Eyeliner in Coffee:
     Coffee is the PERFECT color eyeliner (well, for brown haired people). It really makes my eyes pop and isn't so harsh. This eyeliner applies very easily and stays put.

Cheers, darlings!

Hope your day is beautiful!
B



0 comments: