Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Blog Is Back

Ever... you know ...  been in a funk?

 It's like life is going well and orderly and all that and then something happens to throw you off track ...

and instead of jumping right back into the saddle you sort of let the situation ride right over you.

That's what has happened to me lately.

You see, I stopped writing right around law school finals for obvious reasons. I can't expect any person not in law school to understand, but during finals you literally cannot do anything else.

Law school finals beat the hell out of you, freeze the world over and then barrage you with anxiety until the grades come in.

In short, during finals time, don't get in between me and my iced skinny vanilla latte or I will hurt you apocalypse style. It's a fight for life.

That time passes and then summer internships take over, further smothering any creative juices or bright thoughts that are not related to legal matters.

See what I mean? It's easy to just forget about the things that make you happy. It's hard to balance and if you ask my boyfriend I am the WORLD'S WORST at balancing ... anything.

If I focus on work quite intensely, then the laundry doesn't get done, then the house is a mess then I'm stressed about that. If I focus on exercising then I study less in the evenings and then I feel out of sync at school. It's always a challenge for me to harmonize my life.

And  it doesn't have to be that way and it upsets me when I allow life to get the best of me. I really can do it all. And I REALLY need to learn how to do it all.

Instead of picking myself up after exams I just let something I really LOVE to do fall to the wayside.

I miss writing. I've always been a writer, mainly privately but I've had my stints with publications as well. And I absolutely adore it.

So here I am, back to blogging.

With the birth of Baby Cambridge on Monday, I felt it was a happy time to get back to it. I've been a Kate follower for what seems like my entire life. I have literally stalked her fashion choices since she fell in love with Prince William at St. Andrews like 12 years ago. I know. It's insane. But Kate is elegant and modern and has the best hair known to man so she's my girl and I love her. I couldn't imagine a better role model for young girls.

Cheers all, and thank you for supporting this little endeavor. Stay tuned for what's to come.

Brooke

0 comments: