Thursday, July 25, 2013

Yes, I drink this every morning

photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com
Lately I've been going green in a juicy way.

With the gift of a juicer from my parents (my Dad recently graduated to a nutribullet that he swears by), I have taken to the art of juicing. 

It's been wonderful, really. I'd like to share what I do literally every morning.

Before the juicer, I would venture over to Whole Foods every Sunday for a couple days supply of their detox juice. With oranges, apples, lemon, spinach and ginger - the detox juice was tart, tangy and even bitter.

It also is a bit annoying (not to mention pricey) to do this religiously 2x a week.

Thanks to my parents and Giada de Laurentiis for the recipe, I now enjoy an energy-boosting, metabolism-revving juice EVERY morning.

I am loving this stuff so much (it tastes FABULOUS!) and I think y'all will too!

1 carrot
1 lemon
2 apples (I use Fuji apples, for sweetness)
2 celery stalks
1 2-inch section of peeled ginger
a TON of spinach (your preference really - I use a 1/2 bag or more)

And there you have it! Your very own green, yummy energy boost for the day. Serve over ice and keep it in a Tervis tumbler to keep chill throughout the morning. 

I'd love to hear other recipes if y'all would like to share!

Cheers and happy juicing! 

Brooke



0 comments: