Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fall is Beautiful


Love that chill in the air? Want to curl up with your hunny and a PSL? Do you use the Christmas decorations at Phipps as an *excuse* for a Tory Burch shopping spree?

Yeah, me too. Fall is here and I am SO excited!

Like, I want to actually rake leaves and bale hay kind .. that kind of excited.

And the season change inspired some change in me and now I'm back to blogging. I hope you're as thrilled as I am!

Lately, I've been on a beauty binge. In my quest to become a VIB Rouge member at Sephora I sort of went overboard and bought literally everything.

I'd thought I'd quickly share my favorite products as of late:


1. YSL Babydoll Mascara

I'm always in search of a great mascara. Diorshow just doesn't do it for me. I know, I know.

Babydoll is the only YSL mascara I've tried, but I see no reason to tread further. I've found a safe haven in this formula.

photo: thefitgirlsdish.com


It lengthens and separates lashes like nothing I've ever tried before.  It is VERY build-able (I do 3 coats). Some others are great, (Givenchy, Benefit They're Real and Bobbi Brown Lengthening come to mind), but Babydoll makes my lashes look like bombshell lashes.

And um, who doesn't want to look like a bombshell? 

Try it out, it'll make more than your lashes flutter. Hearts beware.



2. Urban Decay Naked Palette

After all the hype I've heard about this product, I gave in and bought it. You know, anything for those Sephora points.

I thought about it for some time and had previously decided it wasn't worth the money ...

I couldn't have been more wrong.

It's worth the price and then some.

photo: thebellebeautyblog.blogspot.com
First, the color payoff is HUGE. These shadows are heavily pigmented and long-lasting. I'm not kidding. Your shadow will be there after your two glasses of chardonnay have come and gone.

Second, the colors are GORGEOUS and I believe would work for any skin-tone variation. 



Third, you can create myriad looks with this thing. Anything from a day look to a sexy smokey eye is possible with this palette. 

Fourth, when you buy the palette at Sephora, a eyeshadow primer comes with it ... that primer is my life. It's everything.

Fifth, it's FANTASTIC for travel. Throw this in the bag, you're good to go. No little eyeshadows pinging around the makeup bag in danger of breaking and getting everywhere.


3. Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin Foundation

My story with Guerlain products starts with a trip to Paris in 2007. I went to the Guerlain flagpship on the Champs Elysees and learned about the brand and how darn fabulous it really is.

butterboom.com
When I discovered that Guerlain had foundation I knew I had to try it. It was time for a new foundation and I read reviews for Lingerie de Peau. 

I can't say enough good things about this foundation. If you're like me and you enjoy coverage that evens your skintone and STAYS PUT, then you should try this. The coverage is medium-full and is build-able.

I use 1 or 2 pumps each application depending on what look I'm going for or the weather conditions that day. It's not even half-way empty and I've had this for about 3 weeks. 

This foundation is wonderful for people with dry skin (like me) because it's hydrating and silky. I'd say it's very similar to the Laura Mercier silk foundation, but more liquid-like in texture, making it easier to blend. 

I'm obsessed with this foundation, it's absolutely beautiful and leaves a seamless finish. It disguises EVERYTHING. It really does. 

I've also noticed it doesn't transfer onto clothes, which is a plus for me. I can't tell you how many white oxford shirts I've ruined because of foundation.



4. Benefit Hoola Bronzer

As an Italian, the need to look tan and bronzed is eerily similar to my need to eat and drink water to survive. 

I've tried all the bronzers it seems. MAC, Laura Mercier, Too Faced, Bobbi Brown, Chanel.

Some are good, some make me look muddy. It depends.

photo: amodelrecommends.com
Enter Benefit's Hoola Bronzer. This bronzer is perfection. It's great for bronzing or for contouring. It's highly blendable and is not muddy or harsh. It works for every skintone.

The packaging is cute. It comes with a brush.

What more could you want?

Join me, all bronzed and beautiful, at my next luau courtesy of Benefit.






5. YSL Rouge Volutpe Shine

I've only recently ventured into the world of lipstick. I look best  feel the most comfortable in neutrals (which aren't as exciting as bright red)  and I tend to forget to apply lip products so lipstick hasn't always been my game.

photo: hudabeauty.com
That was the case until I met YSL lip products, particularly these lipsticks.

They are expensive, I will grant you that. But they are beautiful.

The packaging is so beautiful I feel like a Hollywood starlet from the 50's when I apply it.

It's like I was Sabrina the chauffer's daughter and then I apply this and I'm Sabrina dancing at the Larabee mansion a la Audrey Hepburn. I'm saying this stuff is transformational.

Like a good pair of Louboutins.

To be honest, I bought it for the packaging but the colors are very pretty and stay put all day long.



I can't wait to share more posts and happenings to come on the blog (and other writing prospects to come as well).

Stay beautiful this fall!! xx

B

0 comments: