Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Roasted Tomato Caprese

It's been a hot minute since I've shared a recipe with y'all. Cooking makes me feel like I'm taking care of people I love. I try to do it often.

Generally, we have a few recipes that I make over and over and over because when our social schedule allows us the luxury of coking at home, we just tend to want what we like. 

Giada de Laurentiis and Ina Garten are my go-to chefs when I'm looking for a delicious recipe. I think their cooking styles truly embody all that is good and fresh, comforting and wholesome about food. 

Even better, the recipes are mostly easy to make and very easily tweaked to suit your own tastes. 
As an Italian that loves, adores,  can't live without Italian food .... my mouth has always watered at the sight of the mozzarella + basil + tomato combination.



It is so delicious there are no words.

Ina Garten's Roasted Tomato Caprese is too good not to share. 


What you will need:

(12) plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeds removed

(1/4) cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling once the dish is assembled

(1 1/2) teaspoons balsamic vinegar

(2) large garlic cloves, minced

(2) teaspoons sugar

Kosher salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper

(16) ounces fresh mozzarella (I buy a package already sliced)

(12) basil leaves, julienned


Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.

2. Arrange the tomatoes on a sheet pan with the cut sides up. Drizzle the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar on top. 

3. Sprinkle the garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. 

4. Roast for two hours, the tomatoes will begin to caramelize.

5. Arrange the tomatoes and the mozzarella alternately on a serving platter and scatter the basil on top. 

6. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle a little more olive oil on top.

I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as we did. It truly is a treasure of a recipe. 

Also, be sure to check out my food column for Atlanta luxury lifestyle magazine, Sole of the South.

You can find my first feature of Atlanta's SEVEN Lamps at  South of the South "Dare to Dine": Seven Lamps

Cheers, darlings

B

0 comments: