Friday, February 8, 2013

New Obsession: Flywheel Atlanta

For me, exercise has always been a necessity, but it was never consistent and never really fun. Then there was Flywheel Atlanta. I'm pretty sure it has changed everything.

Flywheel is great for any guy or gal wanting to get fit and thinks they need that extra push, whatever that may be. For me, my push was having the company of the entire class, the guidance of the instructor and most importantly, the seriously awesome music that takes your mind somewhere else so you don't think about the burn.

How did I find Flywheel? One night I had dinner at STG Trattoria right behind the St. Regis and there it was, all bright and shiny, the new Flywheel studio right here in Buckhead.

What I love about Flywheel: Pretty much everything, really. First things first, your very first class is free - which is awesome.  That way, you can see if Flywheel is for you before you share any of your hard-earned cash.

Flywheel also gives you cycling shoes to wear each class that are customized to secure your feet on the cycle, which is also a nice little freebie.

Once you create an online flywheel account, you can earn credits when your friends make accounts via your link. The "Fly With Friends" program is fantastic and quite helpful once you're hooked and you want to keep on going. So be a doll and use this link, Come fly with me! xo

The location is also great. In the heart of Buckhead, Flywheel is easily accessible for people like me, who live in the area, or for many of those who work in the area. It's really worth the drive, though. Many drive in from the burbs (yeah, OTP people) to have a ride at Flywheel.

Calories are literally scorched. On average you burn almost 1000 calories a class (that's been my experience anyway). The class is 45 minutes, and the entire time the instructor helps guide you through hills and straights and even an upper body workout: arms, shoulders and back with 2 and 4 pound weights. The entire time you're adjusting your torque (resistance) and RPMs, so even though I'd suggest getting as close as you can to the mark, you can absolutely adjust everything at your own pace.



The feeling you get when you're done ... is unreal. Flywheel doesn't stress me out like other workouts. I am actually excited to go and I leave knowing it was time well spent and that I had a GREAT workout.

Downside? It's a bit pricey, unless you recruit your friends to come with you once you have an account. The first ride is free, but after that it will cost you $25 per class. There are packages available, too. But if you can swing it, I say go for it. Flywheel has given me far more than I feel I've given them.

And that's just that.

Cheers darlings, and come fly with me.

B

0 comments: