Tuesday, April 9, 2013

FlyBarre: Hurts. But Oh My Goodness, It Totally Works!



Only months ago I wrote a post about my absolute obsession with Flywheel and trust me and my lululemons - that obsession is alive and well. Seriously, the results have been visible and most importantly, I feel so happy and confident about working out thanks to Flywheel.

But I wanted to throw another challenge into the mix, you know, kick it up a notch.

And Flywheel's baby sister, FlyBarre, was just sitting there in the fly studio all cute like and I knew I needed to just go for it and make a date.

Love hurts, y'all.

Blending yoga, ballet, dance, resistance training and cardio, FlyBarre works every bit of you - and then some.

And one thing I don't really do with consistency (mainly because I am just more of a cardio person) is controlled toning exercises. And well, you know the deal, a few lunges here, a few good-intentioned crunches there ... but it's never enough.

Even if I put a lot of effort into such a feat, it isn't always effective.  I think "It's not you, weights and medicine balls, it's me. And we can't just be friends, we're mortal enemies."

That's just sad.

Then FlyBarre swooped in with its sparkly cape and saved my fitness planet.

Ladies, ever heard of those "problem areas"?

*cough* *thighs* *abs* *triceps* *booty* *cough*

FlyBarre will take care of it for ya.

Ever heard of parts of your body you didn't know existed?? Uh ... yeah, me either.

Well have no fear, FlyBarre took care of all that too. You mustn't worry about googling unknown body appendages and such. They are just there and they ache after FlyBarre. Don't question them.

Despite all of this, FlyBarre is tons of fun. You can bond with fellow classmates, the music is great and you know that after your first class you can really get the hang of the choreography and positions.

Today I had class with Kelsey, a former Falcons cheerleader, and she was so sweet and I just am in awe of what she's trained her body to do. She's a great motivator.

The first class is absolutely free. Sign up here and get going.

All you need is yourself and maybe a water. They provide weights, towels, mats, resistance bands, squishy balls of torture, the oh so good kind of pain and the jams.


Raise your barre and try it out. See what I did there?

Cheers,
B

0 comments: