Thursday, April 11, 2013

Introducing Plā Beauty. You're Welcome!

If there's one thing that every southern belle loves (apart from sweet tea, magnolias, country boys and a front porch) it's makeup.

Did Scarlett O'Hara forget her powder before she went to the barbecue at Twelve Oaks? No, no she didn't.

And just like our favorite petticoat wearing Georgia peach, belles today appreciate makeup and its glorious ability to add to our charm.

But sometimes it's just so hard to find the perfect foundation that will stay with you the entire day. Kinda like it's hard to find the perfect blend of Ashley Wilkes and Rhett Butler.

You know what I mean? A foundation needs staying power, but also the ability to make you feel gorgeous.

That doesn't always go hand in hand.

But I found my match when I was introduced to Plā Beauty at Woo Cosmetics by the owner herself, Stephanie Green-Bass. 

I needed a foundation that gave me full coverage, that felt good on my skin, that stayed with me like a real gentleman and made me glow with a southern belle simper.

Pla Beauty Liquid to Powder foundation does all of these things and I love it. I'm positive there's no other foundation for me.
lauracarsonmiller.blogspot.com

When I sat down with the creator of the brand, she explained the purpose, the love and care behind the creation of her line. And she gave me the best makeup application I've ever had. Seriously.

I would be remiss to not mention the admirable story and inspiration behind the brand. Pla Beauty was created by Stephanie Green-Bass in memory of her daughter who she tragically lost to an infection only 18 days after her birth. 

Comforted by the wonderful staff at Children's Healthcare of Altanta, Stephanie was encouraged and, in thanks for their support during such a trying time, Stephanie donates a portion of every sale to Children's Healthcare. 

And despite the difficulty with making such a huge commitment to a cause when you're starting a new line, Stephanie has not faltered and maintains her pledge. 

With a background in the industry, having worked with Carrie Underwood (who wears Pla Beauty), Green-Bass created the line because playing with makeup empowered her, made her happy and she felt she could share quality product with other women and bring smiles to their faces.

Daily Candy
Now, I've tried a good amount of her line and I am just floored by how amazing it all is. The lip glosses aren't sticky and go on smoothly. The color palettes are gorgeous and current. The foundation is lovely.

And I just love supporting inspirational women. And Stephanie Green-Bass is absolutely that. 

Not only is she kind and such a lady, she has such a passion for her line and dedicates her days to making her product better. She cared to ask what I looked for, what I liked about her line and what I would like to see. 

In short, I'm telling you this is a brand to really get behind.

Available at Woo Cosmetics in Buckhead and in Nashville and at Parlour 3 (Where Carrie goes, in Brentwood, TN).

Support an amazing cause and an amazing, passionate southern lady and feel beautiful.

Check out the website, too!

Cheers,
B

0 comments: